Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 2 - Sleepy, Sleepy, Sleepy....and nothing to do.

.
My somewhat not very accomplishing day...

Today has been a little boring. Mostly because I only got 5 hours of sleep last night so I don't really feel like doing much of anything lol. I did, however, get to spend quality time with Michael and eat lunch with Alison (Michael's sister) and Michael's mom. The highlights of my day :) ! I always tell Michael I'd rather spend 15 minutes of quality time with him rather than an hour of nothingness. So I guess in a sense my small accomplishment for today is that we spent quality time together.

The past 3 weeks I have been staying at Michael parents' house. I was really nervous the first week because he wasn't with me (he came after the first week lol). I get nervous about a lot of things but, I just wasn't sure what expect. Well, okay I was nervous but excited. We've been here to help at band camp. Michael's dad is a band director (in case you don't know, thats what I will be when I get out of college). It's a little intimidating but now I am more just, I guess you could say filled with respect. ANYWAYS! I was excited to help with band camp. I love band camp and I couldn't wait to see Michael's dad in *band director action!* haha. annnnddd It was pretty amazing how smoothly band camp went. Lots of hard work, but it was a great experience and a lot of fun!

My Julie & Julia obsession <3
I looked up how much Julia Child's book Master the Art of French Cooking costs and a hardcover from 1966......$85.00!!! I couldn't believe it. Yep. Fortunately, that is only the version that came out in 1966 that's so expensive. I found one that only costs $22. Thank god! I can't wait to get it! eventually... :)
I'm currently reading Julia Child's My Life in France. It is really good so far. This is my first time to read someone's biography and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected. Maybe it's because Julia Child is so flippin' awesome! It makes me feel better knowing that she didn't start out as this great cook. She just followed her soulmate and decided "Hey, I love food, and I'm gonna take a cooking class and learn how to cook!" I mean, it really is just THAT simple! All I can say is amazing.

My goal for today- Watch my first Julia Child's "The French Chef" Television show! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment