Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 1 - About me

So. I'm Lacey. I'm a 19 year old music education major at The University of Mississippi. My parents are still married and I have 3 older sisters. I love music, books, and movies. Anyways, I've recently seen Julie & Julia, a phenomenal movie, and it has inspired me to write a blog. I hope that in writing this blog I can learn more about myself. I'll give myself small goals to learn about things I've always wanted to know about, or talk about my day, anything. And so, the blog begins...

My life in general,
I absolutely love my family. My parents are extremely loving and I've always been very close to them. This explains why I have become somewhat "depressed" since going off to college. However, I have also gained friendship within my family due to college. My sister, Natasha, (the one closest to my age) lives only an hour away so I get to see her a lot more, which is awesome. I do talk to my other two sisters Stacy (the oldest of us) and Amy, but it's mostly about school. I have a boyfriend named Michael. We met at Ole Miss band camp last year. Now we are about to start band camp again next monday. I'm excited but a little let down that we are performing a Michael Jackson show. I have recently started renting a 3 bedroom/ 3 bathroom house. Michael and my good friend Jayson are staying in the other 2 rooms. Yes, it's a little fast to be living together but he'll have his own room!

My life as of this day, I watched Julie & Julia for the 2nd time this week This movie has inspired me and given me hope. I'm somewhat obsessed with the whole story now, all I can think is, "go get the books, go get the books" . I've already got Julia Child's, My life in France. I am so excited to get to read it. I also want to get Julie & Julia by Julie Powell, as well as the cookbooks by Julia Child! Enough about my Julie & Julia obsession.

I know this was a little long, but the others will be shorter...possibly. By the way, My goal for today was to write my first blog. So, Mission Accomplished!! Yay! Thank you, Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. excuse me but you forgot to mention your best friend ever who you could never get through life without. it's that awesome girl kelli. man. i wish i could be as cool as her. she's just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete